David J. Peterson, the creator of the Votan languages, has made translations available on his Archive of Our Own page.
Translations for the Votan spoken in this episode can be found at Conlang Dialogue: Defiance, Episode 112.
I am looking for Irisa Nolan, a daughter of Irzu.
Mahé énudrə Irisə Nolən, zwinya p’Irzu.
- Alak shows up at the Tarr victory party, telling Christie a lie about how he crashed his motor bike to explain his wounded face. When Datak sees his face, he tells Alak to retaliate seven fold against whoever did this to him. That is their way.
- In an alternate ending to season 1, we see a different version of what ultimately became season 2 after the E-Rep's takeover of Defiance. Seven months in the future, the E-Rep patrols the streets of Defiance and announces that curfew ends in 15 minutes. A Castithan man is dead on a shaming rack with a sign labeling him as a thief. Irisa is just returning to Defiance, walking past a wanted poster with her name on it. She kills an E-Rep soldier, and Amanda, now dressing in Kenya's clothes and working at the NeedWant, has night porters hide the body. She then informs Irisa that Nolan isn't dead like she believed. He's in Vegas Island Penitentiary with Datak Tarr.
- Kevin Murphy explains that they didn't really like the footage and didn't want to lock themselves into decisions for season 2 this early, so they removed this ending from the final episode.
- This is the first time that Irisa's last name (Nolan) is used
- This is the last time we see Kenya Rosewater alive outside of a flashback and Mia Kirshner's last episode as a series regular
- Irisa was born Irisa Nyira. As a child, her parents joined a cult led by Thesho/Daigo, who tortured and abused Irisa, which her parents condoned, even watching 
- The stratocarrier Kenya wishes to abduct Stahma and take her to is the one that she was taken to in an earlier episode, where she was held against her will to produce adreno 
- In addition to working with the E-Rep, Black Jonah is one of the founders of Vegas Prison; his commanding officer, Colonel Lance Mashiko of the Earth Military Coalition, used the hotels along the Las Vegas strip as a garrison during the Pale Wars; following the armistice, Mashiko and Keller opted not to join the newly formed Earth Republic, and instead chose to convert the Mandalay Bay casino complex into a for-profit prison, accepting any prisoners from any government or independent territory, as long as they paid the steep price
- Syfy Sync app
- Syfy Sync App
- Syfy Sync App